2011년 10월 29일 토요일

What was on the Mr.Moon's facebook

I don't recommend that you ask questions in your essays - even if you mean them rhetorically - but I just loved the way this student started his/her essay. So much so I am posting it here:

"Have you ever seen a sunflower heading towards the golden sun, full of respect and purity? That clear eye of the sunflower is above Nirvana, beyond Samsara, inscribing Dhammapada with fire. A great leader - leading his generation or the world - should contain the 'sunflower eye.'


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was my essay! I feel good to see this on Mr.Moon's face book! Next time, I mustn't ask question in my essay. But I still can't understand the exact reason why it isn't allowed.

댓글 3개:

  1. Indeed. Your first Intro sentence really captured my fancy. You did a very good job! On the other hand (and in principle), you should *not* ask questions - even if rhetorically - but address them in plain statements! Why? Because by doing so you take direct responsibility for the view/opinion you are advancing. The same applies to the passive voice, btw! ^^

    답글삭제
  2. Holy S*** DUDE. This was yours?!! Wow!! See, I TOLD you you could write!! Now stop pestering me about how to write stuff. YOU should be teaching ME. :)

    답글삭제
  3. I think asking questions in an essay is "okay." But that's just me.;) Good work.

    답글삭제