2011년 10월 1일 토요일

The chain writing

Nowadays, 'Manito' is a great issue in KMLA. I once heard that Manito is an Italian word that means secret angel or unknown friend who helps certain person. I got a message from number '1004', the Manito, who has written a sweet sentence for me. Although, the message was very simple, I was delighted to start a day smiling by the message. I also have sent cheering message for my Manitee-the one who has me as one’s Manito- and that made me feel joy of being a Manito. ‘Manito’ system seems to delight both of the roles: role of being a Manito and having a Manito. What is the true value or meaning of Manito? (Lee Ji Young)

I guess a Manito is supposed to create a secret bond that connects two different, totally discrete people. Even though not recognizable, the person who receives messages or gifts from his Manito will feel blissful by the thought of someone taking care of him. Maybe a Manito, just like its meaning, is really an angel: hidden like one and benevolent like one. (Jong Hyun Han)

In KMLA, the tradition was to start the ‘Manito’ a month before the Christmas party and reveal the Manitos at the party. This year however, we voted on whether to do the Manito once or twice. The result was, of course, the latter. The main reason is to increase the possibility. (Woo Chan Hwang)

I like Manito system-it gives a hope that one may be saved from the status quo of loneliness. It gives even the geekest people the feeling that someone cares for them. For instance, my roommate, Woochan, reacts so strongly to every message he receives from the Manito. When he got a message that said that the Manito wishes Woochan a good day, he was practically humming all day. If Manito system can give hope to the most excluded of our society, the sense of being ‘one’, and then there lies the hint to the solution of the problems we face. (Seong Un Si)

Manito seems fun and merely a game. However, Manito has rather great power of providing hopes and smiles. To interpret it backward, maybe people are lonely just as much as to want for some cheering messages. If we could be somehow Manitos to each other all the time, KMLA will be in an ecstasy of hope.  (Lee Ji Young)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I modified the starting paragraph, but for other paragraphs, I tried to keep the liveliness of other classmates' own writing style and implication.

댓글 1개:

  1. Is this Manito thing real??? This is funny and cute, and it seems SeongUn is probably NOT Woochan's Manito.

    So I think there's some potential to play with this story. It's very interesting. What if the Manito were actually a devil in disguise? Or, what if the Manito really did save someone from something? Interesting. I really do wonder if this is real.

    답글삭제