2011년 12월 9일 금요일

personal additional writing - What I want to eat!

It's the final term period which is a time our appetite increases sharply! And I am a bit like a gourmet when it comes to food. I always look for new things to eat and challenge on. I decided to post this as to calm down my appetite and also sharing it with others :)

1. Pond smelt
It's fish that looks like a minnow but thinner than normal minnows. I saw this introduced on TV as the delicacy(I cannot think of right word for Korean word Byeol Mi) of winter in Korea when I was really young. I really wanted to try, but there wasn't any chance to visit Chuncheon where is the right place for this food. But the saturday after exam, I asked my parents to visit and try this!! I am now really looking forward to eat it!

This is Pond smelt!


This is fried pond smelt!




They say we also eat it alive!!!! It may look a little savage. But as the sense of eating live octupus in Korea, it's not so wierd at all! Live octopus is one of beloved seafood in Korea!


2. Chilli con carne (Mexican food)
When I was in the Philippines, I had several times to eat this. And I couldn't forget how delicious it was! But since I live in a town south part of Korea, there's no Mexican food restaurant aroundㅠ.ㅠ



They say Chilli Con Carne is a basic food of Mexico when you want to cook another food.


Mexico looks developed with spice. Their food looks so delicious!


I wish this winter vacation, I can have a chance to eat diverse food. I want to experience various food cultures around the world. However, Korean food is the best! :)




댓글 2개:

  1. Eating live fish? Cute little ones that scream "Please dooooon't!" as they end up in your stomach?? Very savage! But the fried ones look kind of good.

    Mexican food is amazing, and Wonju has a good restaurant in the Lotte Cinema building. You should go sometime with your friends on a weekend.

    I hope you enjoy your vacation meal plan. Please don't eat live fish.

    답글삭제
  2. Korea food is second best! Canadian food is number one! Hamburgers!

    답글삭제