2011년 8월 31일 수요일

Assignment #1 Introducing myself as a writer

I love to write. Although, I am not a great writer, I love to write. To date, when I felt sad, I read books or wrote poems. For me, writing was a window to organize a day I lived and to figure out more about my self; and still, writing is something precious activity for me. I get inspired by others' writing, and I get inspired by my own writing: the result of my effort including the process.

When I was an elementary school student, I went to the Philippines, not to study English but to open my eyes toward bigger world. I have nice memories in there with my foreign friends which I had difficulty to become well acquainted with them beyond the wall of language. I was in the class of ESL which shows how awful my english was. The classroom was full of Koreans and I was eager to make foreign friends. However, there were lots of obstacles: the language and the different schedule. To overcome the obstacles, I started to write letters in English with lots of cute drawings. I asked the teacher to correct the errors and kept sending letters. Afterwards, when my English improved enough for normal class, I became the best friend of the foreigner I kept exchanging letters with. Also in middle school, when I have trouble or something hard to tell face to face, I sent letters which improved our relationship.

As the episodes show, adults say my writing is sentimental and warm; a strength of my writing, also a thing to improve. Positively thinking, warm style can be powerful enough to touch the heart of readers and make them feel joy. But on the other hand, I need to improve writing essays which are argumentative, analytic and critical. I also feel the need of structural improvement. I wish I could make an improvement of my weaknesses in this class.

The term paper I wrote during the class of Mr. Johnson is what I am proud of the most. The 'Johnpaper' was my first term paper written in all English. I learned a lot during the research. Just like 'Johnpaper', I wish I could make a worthwhile essay or any piece of writing in this class which I will be proud of. I want to learn about friends' lives through their writing. I want to raise a sensation to readers of my writing someday. I hope this class would focus more on the process of writing and improvement than the result or grade. I feel like I am going to love the class :)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기